Sequester pain for consumers Tweet
If you can’t beat them, be a consultant. $F$ My epiphany moment came today. There it was, dollar signs shining in the sky. Intelligent Design at work, but I too insensitive to see a Higher Purpose guiding my research into techno scams: Be a techno scam consultant, dummy! A growth industry, unhampered by serious regulation, […]
CONSUMER SENTINEL NETWORK I have uncovered a secret weapon used by the Federal Trade Commission: CAP. It’s the acronym for Collect-And-Post. It is the weapon of choice for battling scamsters that engage in credit card fraud, identity theft and Do-Not-Call violations. When consumers report them, the scamsters are listed on the Consumer Sentinel Network. The […]
And International-Destinations Is Still Doing Its Thing You have to admire International-Destinations for unwavering determination to take down my blog. They hacked and hacked until the blog went down. They were creative: They made the blog appear to send enough sexually offensive messages until the Internet server “suspended” it. After all, a blog like mine […]
Part 1:Low Grade Scam By International-Destinations International-Destinations has a scam so glaringly obvious that it makes me admire professionals who are impressively creative when they are outrageously crooked. Brief: A FAX arrived as a Memo with the Continental Airlines Logo displayed. It came from the H. R. DEPT of an otherwise unnamed company. It offers […]
Just like any other large organization that feels compelled to publish a mission statement, the Federal Trade Commission states a mission and dodges implementation. At least the FTC mentions consumers: The mission of the Federal Trade Commission is to prevent unfair competition and to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the […]
- This Is Customer Service Week! October 6, 2010
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- WHAT DOES RETHINK POSSIBLE MEAN? June 30, 2011
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- Comcast Service: Overwhelmed, Understaffed February 10, 2013
- Comcast Asks Me To Risk My Life April 22, 2012
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- A President Trump Will Be Great September 20, 2016
- Wells Fargo Goes Too Far September 16, 2016
- Charles Selden: Was this fixed?...
- Bob Reynolds: I had the same experience using individual bank pa...
- Elizabeth Propst: This comes as no surprise to me, anyone ever try t...
- Win Quibids: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog ...
- Charles Selden: Mark: Thanks. Sorry it took so long to get back. I...
- Darren: Same to us, would like to know if anyone has pursu...
- ComcastMark: Hi there! I work for Comcast. I just wanted to...
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (181)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (8)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)