New Source for Commencement Speakers? After I told the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce (GCCC) about the unauthorized use of the GCCC logo by the Mutual Benefits website (it implied an endorsement), the GCCC recruited Mutual Benefits as a member. However, the GCCC may need to add a new category—like techno scam. Rather than being […]
For Creativity in Techno Scamming When no other economic stimulus idea works, get the words entrepreneurial and spirit into the mix: President Obama and top GOP candidates agree our entrepreneurial spirit can lift us out of our economic doldrums. It may be an admission they have run out of ideas of their own—complete with the […]
What Happened to International-Destinations’ 888-Number? This morning International-Destinations 888-680-5749 “booking” number announced it was “disconnected” or had “moved.” Then it went up again. What was going on? If new to my blog, International-Destinations sends robo-faxes—with Continental Airlines logo illegally shown—to tens of thousands of consumers. I-D claims to have airline/land packages at unbelievably low rates […]
Part 2: High Grade “Near Scam” By PissedConsumer.com? Scam Sighting? A judge in Federal Court is still thinking about this one: Is the website www.PissedConsumer.com a front for a reputation management scam or a legit consumer advocate business? For consumers, the question is Does PissedConsumer (PC) use Internet technology to manipulate consumers for hidden profitable […]
Part 1:Low Grade Scam By International-Destinations International-Destinations has a scam so glaringly obvious that it makes me admire professionals who are impressively creative when they are outrageously crooked. Brief: A FAX arrived as a Memo with the Continental Airlines Logo displayed. It came from the H. R. DEPT of an otherwise unnamed company. It offers […]
No Hurry To Alert Consumers BBM!! BUYER BEWARE MOMENT I stumbled into this today while ordering two items from drugstore.com. A screen box lured me to buy more, “You’re just $7.12 from free shipping.” I fell for it. I ordered a third item for $19, doubling my total to $38. As soon as it processed […]
Hook #1: A lead-off hitter calls to ask if my New Yorker is coming without interruption. When I say “yes,” he apologizes for a recent non-subscriber offer for $79.95 sent to me—which I never received. To make it up to me, he offers a two-year renewal at $59.95/year. Digression: He was fishing to see if […]
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- What Is God Telling Todd Akin? August 23, 2012
- Citi Is Mad at Judge Rakoff November 29, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- DID THE BIRDS BLOCK COMCAST’S SIGNAL? May 20, 2011
- Why Don’t ZWILLING Peelers Peel? October 6, 2011
- What Is Trump Doing For Consumers? March 18, 2017
- Obama Wiretapped Trump? March 5, 2017
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- Gary Nelson: I just wonder what will be taking place on these "...
- Joseph Ting: e: Fleeced by fees when you travel by Stephanie Ro...
- Nadia K. Faulkner: http://www.johnythegame78r2.com...
- Ellie Esposito: Same thing happened to us. Would be nice to know d...
- Josh Saintperle: Hmmm -- last time I called Comcast for a problem, ...
- E.A. Blair: If I claimed to be in a constant conversation with...
- Charles Selden: Hope my post was helpful....
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (182)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (10)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)