No comedy here: Comments on NYT piece re banks profit from cold call scams Tweet
8 federal agencies are taking a look at JPMorgan violations Tweet
Republicans Try To Protect Bankers When Republicans can’t win a national election, they go the judicial route where voters cannot tamper with results. Their latest trick is to get a federal circuit court to rule that presidential “recess appointments” are unconstitutional. The Republicans picked a circuit court with all three judges appointed by George Bush. […]
Services previously included in general charges are moved elsewhere for consumer fleecing. Tweet
Bankers Are Too Big to Jail? This week’s financial industry news read more like crime news than financial. Bankers tinker with interest rates, game the banking system and launder money for people tied to criminal organizations and possibly terrorists. When caught, bankers “settle.” Chartered Bank made headlines: Laundering Case Settled By Bank For $340 Million, […]
Consumerist’s Guide to the New Money Sanitization Industry The New York Times recently provided details about how foreign banks send their clients’ funds to American banks for money laundering: “The list of global banks… accused…of laundering foreign transactions totaling billions of dollars has been growing—Credit Suisse, Lloyds, Barclays, ING, HSBC—and now Standard Chartered.”* Is this […]
Incarceration Without Inconvenience Senate hearings* disclosed American bank complicity in money laundering for domestic and international organized crime groups. The news raises the hitherto unthinkable possibility of jail time for banksters. This is good news for the luxury hotel industry. Anonymous sources report that the Four Seasons and Kempinski hotel chains are readying business plans […]
He’ll Show The Princess He Too Can Tweet Saudi Prince Buys Stake In Twitter Prince Walid bin Talal of Saudi Arabia has taken a $300 million stake in…Twitter.[His] wife, Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel is an avid user with 84,000 followers.–New York Times, December 20, 2011, page B1 The Princess, half the Saudi kingdom and all of the […]
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- What Is God Telling Todd Akin? August 23, 2012
- Citi Is Mad at Judge Rakoff November 29, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- DID THE BIRDS BLOCK COMCAST’S SIGNAL? May 20, 2011
- Why Don’t ZWILLING Peelers Peel? October 6, 2011
- What Is Trump Doing For Consumers? March 18, 2017
- Obama Wiretapped Trump? March 5, 2017
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- Gary Nelson: I just wonder what will be taking place on these "...
- Joseph Ting: e: Fleeced by fees when you travel by Stephanie Ro...
- Nadia K. Faulkner: http://www.johnythegame78r2.com...
- Ellie Esposito: Same thing happened to us. Would be nice to know d...
- Josh Saintperle: Hmmm -- last time I called Comcast for a problem, ...
- E.A. Blair: If I claimed to be in a constant conversation with...
- Charles Selden: Hope my post was helpful....
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (182)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (10)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)