Bankers Are Too Big to Jail? This week’s financial industry news read more like crime news than financial. Bankers tinker with interest rates, game the banking system and launder money for people tied to criminal organizations and possibly terrorists. When caught, bankers “settle.” Chartered Bank made headlines: Laundering Case Settled By Bank For $340 Million, […]
Consumerist’s Guide to the New Money Sanitization Industry The New York Times recently provided details about how foreign banks send their clients’ funds to American banks for money laundering: “The list of global banks… accused…of laundering foreign transactions totaling billions of dollars has been growing—Credit Suisse, Lloyds, Barclays, ING, HSBC—and now Standard Chartered.”* Is this […]
Incarceration Without Inconvenience Senate hearings* disclosed American bank complicity in money laundering for domestic and international organized crime groups. The news raises the hitherto unthinkable possibility of jail time for banksters. This is good news for the luxury hotel industry. Anonymous sources report that the Four Seasons and Kempinski hotel chains are readying business plans […]
- This Is Customer Service Week! October 6, 2010
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- WHAT DOES RETHINK POSSIBLE MEAN? June 30, 2011
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- Comcast Service: Overwhelmed, Understaffed February 10, 2013
- Comcast Asks Me To Risk My Life April 22, 2012
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- A President Trump Will Be Great September 20, 2016
- Wells Fargo Goes Too Far September 16, 2016
- Charles Selden: Was this fixed?...
- Bob Reynolds: I had the same experience using individual bank pa...
- Elizabeth Propst: This comes as no surprise to me, anyone ever try t...
- Win Quibids: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog ...
- Charles Selden: Mark: Thanks. Sorry it took so long to get back. I...
- Darren: Same to us, would like to know if anyone has pursu...
- ComcastMark: Hi there! I work for Comcast. I just wanted to...
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (181)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (8)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)