Sequester pain for consumers Tweet
A scam to watch out for Tweet
Dare consumers hope for real change this time? The President recently asked CEOs of top American corporations for new ideas for his second term. Will they include moving jobs back to America? Or ways to help consumers? If the CEOs let him down, here are new ideas 1. Change the Department of Agriculture’s mission from […]
A Romney plan with details Tweet
If you can’t beat them, be a consultant. $F$ My epiphany moment came today. There it was, dollar signs shining in the sky. Intelligent Design at work, but I too insensitive to see a Higher Purpose guiding my research into techno scams: Be a techno scam consultant, dummy! A growth industry, unhampered by serious regulation, […]
CONSUMER SENTINEL NETWORK I have uncovered a secret weapon used by the Federal Trade Commission: CAP. It’s the acronym for Collect-And-Post. It is the weapon of choice for battling scamsters that engage in credit card fraud, identity theft and Do-Not-Call violations. When consumers report them, the scamsters are listed on the Consumer Sentinel Network. The […]
New Symbol for The Consumer Sentinel Network When the two-wattled cassowary decides to travel, it begins by flapping its wings. However, evolution has made the wings a decorative item only. They move the air but not the bird. When flapping ends, hopping begins and the cassowary hops to where it tried to fly. The bird […]
What Happened to International-Destinations’ 888-Number? This morning International-Destinations 888-680-5749 “booking” number announced it was “disconnected” or had “moved.” Then it went up again. What was going on? If new to my blog, International-Destinations sends robo-faxes—with Continental Airlines logo illegally shown—to tens of thousands of consumers. I-D claims to have airline/land packages at unbelievably low rates […]
Financial Services Industry Protected From Consumers Whew! It was a close call. The financial services industry almost got the regulator they feared the most: Elizabeth Warren as Chief of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). She could have been the end of financial services as we know it and are abused by it. She wanted […]
DO NOT CALL was once the promising child of the Federal Trade Commission. By now the FTC should be sued for lack of child support. The DNC Registry has been turned into a defenseless database ignored from 8AM to 9PM by auto-dialers, scamsters and telemarketers. Less than 10 years ago, DNC was promoted as the […]
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- What Is God Telling Todd Akin? August 23, 2012
- Citi Is Mad at Judge Rakoff November 29, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- DID THE BIRDS BLOCK COMCAST’S SIGNAL? May 20, 2011
- Why Don’t ZWILLING Peelers Peel? October 6, 2011
- What Is Trump Doing For Consumers? March 18, 2017
- Obama Wiretapped Trump? March 5, 2017
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- Gary Nelson: I just wonder what will be taking place on these "...
- Joseph Ting: e: Fleeced by fees when you travel by Stephanie Ro...
- Nadia K. Faulkner: http://www.johnythegame78r2.com...
- Ellie Esposito: Same thing happened to us. Would be nice to know d...
- Josh Saintperle: Hmmm -- last time I called Comcast for a problem, ...
- E.A. Blair: If I claimed to be in a constant conversation with...
- Charles Selden: Hope my post was helpful....
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (182)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (10)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)