Republicans Try To Protect Bankers When Republicans can’t win a national election, they go the judicial route where voters cannot tamper with results. Their latest trick is to get a federal circuit court to rule that presidential “recess appointments” are unconstitutional. The Republicans picked a circuit court with all three judges appointed by George Bush. […]
The Consumerist Presidential Endorsement Tweet
Banks to collect fees before credit cards are used The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is changing its mission. The agency was formed in 2009 to protect consumers from exorbitant—and often hidden—fees. That role posed a problem for those banks that now want to sign up consumers with poor credit card histories. Solution? Change the Consumer […]
Financial Services Industry Protected From Consumers Whew! It was a close call. The financial services industry almost got the regulator they feared the most: Elizabeth Warren as Chief of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). She could have been the end of financial services as we know it and are abused by it. She wanted […]
As Consumer Protection Burns, The President Dithers Why doesn’t the president speak up for Elizabeth Warren? He chose her to design the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau because of her credentials. It was not a political appointment. Financial services lobbyists are apoplectic about the possibility of genuine consumer protection. Warren is their enemy and her destruction […]
A Must-Read For All Consumers It’s hard to choose which insight to quote from James Surowiecki’s latest The Financial Page piece, “The Warren Court” in The New Yorker. He explains why Elizabeth Warren is at once the most popular and most hated person in Washington. If you do not know of Surowiecki’s bi-weekly single page […]
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- What Is God Telling Todd Akin? August 23, 2012
- Citi Is Mad at Judge Rakoff November 29, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- DID THE BIRDS BLOCK COMCAST’S SIGNAL? May 20, 2011
- Why Don’t ZWILLING Peelers Peel? October 6, 2011
- What Is Trump Doing For Consumers? March 18, 2017
- Obama Wiretapped Trump? March 5, 2017
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- Gary Nelson: I just wonder what will be taking place on these "...
- Joseph Ting: e: Fleeced by fees when you travel by Stephanie Ro...
- Nadia K. Faulkner: http://www.johnythegame78r2.com...
- Ellie Esposito: Same thing happened to us. Would be nice to know d...
- Josh Saintperle: Hmmm -- last time I called Comcast for a problem, ...
- E.A. Blair: If I claimed to be in a constant conversation with...
- Charles Selden: Hope my post was helpful....
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (182)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (10)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)