Texas wants out of the Union? That could work out well. Tweet
Republicans Try To Protect Bankers When Republicans can’t win a national election, they go the judicial route where voters cannot tamper with results. Their latest trick is to get a federal circuit court to rule that presidential “recess appointments” are unconstitutional. The Republicans picked a circuit court with all three judges appointed by George Bush. […]
The Consumerist Presidential Endorsement Tweet
Banks to collect fees before credit cards are used The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is changing its mission. The agency was formed in 2009 to protect consumers from exorbitant—and often hidden—fees. That role posed a problem for those banks that now want to sign up consumers with poor credit card histories. Solution? Change the Consumer […]
Financial Services Industry Protected From Consumers Whew! It was a close call. The financial services industry almost got the regulator they feared the most: Elizabeth Warren as Chief of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). She could have been the end of financial services as we know it and are abused by it. She wanted […]
As Consumer Protection Burns, The President Dithers Why doesn’t the president speak up for Elizabeth Warren? He chose her to design the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau because of her credentials. It was not a political appointment. Financial services lobbyists are apoplectic about the possibility of genuine consumer protection. Warren is their enemy and her destruction […]
The Lady Terrifies Them No one talks back to Chairman Patrick McHenry when testifying before his congressional oversight committee. That is, no one except Elizabeth Warren. He is the Republican representative from North Carolina. She is the Harvard professor temporarily appointed to head up the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. She is particularly irksome to […]
- This Is Customer Service Week! October 6, 2010
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- WHAT DOES RETHINK POSSIBLE MEAN? June 30, 2011
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- Comcast Service: Overwhelmed, Understaffed February 10, 2013
- Comcast Asks Me To Risk My Life April 22, 2012
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- A President Trump Will Be Great September 20, 2016
- Wells Fargo Goes Too Far September 16, 2016
- Charles Selden: Was this fixed?...
- Bob Reynolds: I had the same experience using individual bank pa...
- Elizabeth Propst: This comes as no surprise to me, anyone ever try t...
- Win Quibids: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog ...
- Charles Selden: Mark: Thanks. Sorry it took so long to get back. I...
- Darren: Same to us, would like to know if anyone has pursu...
- ComcastMark: Hi there! I work for Comcast. I just wanted to...
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (181)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (8)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)