Watch out: Citibank has some twists and turns in the hidden fee game Tweet
Citibank tried to slip in a $95 “membership” fee Tweet
Will Citi compensate me for helping? FAX to Kendall Stork, Head of Citibank Customer Care (June 7): You have my sympathy. Citibank’s top management in New York exiled Citi Customer Care and you to the Dakotas. Do they ever visit in the winter? Or keep you up to date on their changes to credit […]
Issues Credit Ahead Of Make-Believe Charge Each year Citibank and I have the same conversation when it tries to slip in its annual attempt to collect an $85 “membership fee” for my credit card. I say, “Cancel the fee or cancel the card” and the fee goes away. This year Citi introduced an innovation: Citi […]
But Forgets Who Bailed Them Out This time around Citi quickly agreed to drop another attempt to collect an $85 Annual Fee for another of my Citi charge cards. It took just two toll-free calls and involved three operators in just 12 minutes to accomplish the objective. That’s $170 in dropped fees so far this […]
Office Of The President Comes Through Right after yesterday’s post, CITI OWES ME MONEY, the fellow I had talked to in the President’s Office called back. He had done his homework. His research showed that my account should not have been closed by Customer Service just because I refused to pay the annual charge—and when […]
Will Citi Pay Me? citi never pays Citi cancelled my credit card because I would not pay its annual fee. But a Citi Retention Supervisor overruled that move and reinstated my credit card minus the annual charge of $85. Result: A $52.20 credit balance. Alas, none of that avoided a DECLINE when I attempted to […]
- This Is Customer Service Week! October 6, 2010
- FedEx Wins DIBY Award March 22, 2011
- Mutual Benefits Joins GCC of C October 4, 2011
- WHAT DOES RETHINK POSSIBLE MEAN? June 30, 2011
- Dr. Seuss Turned Down Ronald Reagan February 8, 2011
- Comcast Service: Overwhelmed, Understaffed February 10, 2013
- Comcast Asks Me To Risk My Life April 22, 2012
- Trump Will Propose Show Trials February 8, 2017
- Christie to Get Pardon from Trump December 22, 2016
- Exclusive Interview With Donald Trump October 18, 2016
- Sue the Saudis–But Not Wells Fargo? October 8, 2016
- Stumpf Not Stumped September 27, 2016
- A President Trump Will Be Great September 20, 2016
- Wells Fargo Goes Too Far September 16, 2016
- Charles Selden: Was this fixed?...
- Bob Reynolds: I had the same experience using individual bank pa...
- Elizabeth Propst: This comes as no surprise to me, anyone ever try t...
- Win Quibids: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog ...
- Charles Selden: Mark: Thanks. Sorry it took so long to get back. I...
- Darren: Same to us, would like to know if anyone has pursu...
- ComcastMark: Hi there! I work for Comcast. I just wanted to...
Why This Blog?
Consumerist Manifesto Search
- A Few Good Managers (1)
- Book Reviews (1)
- Categories (181)
- Consumer Comp (5)
- Consumerist Issue (2)
- Consumers and 2016 (2)
- Corporate Awards (17)
- Customer Service (10)
- Deferred Prosecution (1)
- DieselGate (3)
- John Stumpf (1)
- Letters (3)
- Outstanding Techno-Scammer Award (2)
- Resources (1)
- The Six Consumer Abuses (3)
- Trump (8)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wells Fargo (2)